It’s National Popcorn Day!! I’m celebrating by showing you how EASY it is to use the Pampered Chef Microwave Popcorn Maker. It’s only $25!! Let me know if you’d like one today – I’ll get it for you!! Also any orders (not part of a specific show) will have proceeds towards the MAHS FCCLA organization!
Wow, it has been a while and I’m sorry about that. With the new school year I find it harder and harder to get to things like my blog.
My main reason for blogging today is to tell you all about Thrive Market and how I think it will help me to make healthier choices! Thrive is a place to get discounted healthy groceries, wher you buy healthy food from top-selling, organic brands at wholesale prices. Thrive allows you to shop for gluten-free, non-gmo, non-toxic products for a wide range of diets. I’ve been enjoying shopping for a vegan and/or paleo low sodium diet! I know that sounds weird, but I’m starting by just trying to make a few simple, smart choices.
My new choices:
- Oil: I’ve been using EVOO for a long time (I’m Italian and that will never change), but I’ve been substituting many of my oil choices for coconut oil for the past few months. Now, thanks to Thrive’s prices, I have finally tried using avocado oil and LOVE it.
- Organic: I’ve been trying to buy/use organic items but the prices usually hold me back. Well, with Thrive I’ve made some moves to organics – canned pumpkin, spices, coconut chips – are just a few items that are on my new Thrive order.
- Nuts: I’ve always liked nuts and have been enjoying adding a serving of almonds to my diet for a while now. I read a great article about the benefits of adding a few Brazil nuts to your diet. [Read it here] So, I went to order them from my normal supplier (Walmart) and then happened to check Thrive – sure, enough, Thrive was CHEAPER!
Anywho – if you’re interested in Thrive – head over to ThriveMarket.com and check them out!
FYI – Thrive is NOT currently paying me to write this or has NOT offered me any services, etc. to make any claims. I just really like them!
Hey Everyone! So much has been going on. The biggest news is that the paint is up in the living room/kitchen. I chose baby elephant from Clark & Kensington for the walls and French Urn for the trim. I’m VERY happy with the color. It’s an interesting choice, it tends to look different throughout the day with the changing of light and shadows. It works really well with my new sofa which is a charcoal grey color.
Now that the painting is done I started to put up some of my finishings. The first item was my wine glass racks. I purchased these really cool racks from Amazon. When I reworked the kitchen cabinets I took out the two smaller cabinets above the sing and made it into a shelf where I can store my wine bottles. I also replaced the light fixture to something more modern. These racks were perfect in this spot and now my wine glasses have a really cool home.
Looks cool right?
Here’s my favorite – quick – recipe for salsa. No heat for me, but add jalapeno peppers if you desire!
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes (no sodium!)
- 1/2 Green Pepper – diced
- Bunch of Cilantro (I include the stems!)
- A couple leaves of Italian Parsley
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1/4 C Diced Red Onion
- Lemon Juice (about 1/4 C)
Here’s how it’s done:
- Prep EVERYTHING – chop your pepper & red onion and chop up the cilantro with parsley.
- Combine everything into the Manual Food Processor and go to town!
- Put into a container and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour – it’s even better the next day!
Pampered Chef Products Used:
Well, HELLO all. I know it’s been a while since I posted, but I’ve been moving. That’s not an easy task! I’ve had a lot of help, but still the unpacking can take forever! I’m planning on getting a professional to paint the kitchen/living room. She is soo good that she’s booked for 2 more weeks – so, I’ll have to wait (worth it!).
I’m planning on making some Twisted Home Videos … mostly cooking stuff since I love to cook. Hopefully you all will watch it!
Speaking of cooking – I’m a Pampered Chef consultant now! I’ve always loved the products and have been thinking of getting into the business side of it for years now. I’ve got my first WEB SHOW going on now – https://pamperedchef.com/go/TwistedHome Check it out and shop!
Also … my counter top for the peninsula came in … I’m in love!